Thank you for choosing to use Ruggles for your horse rug needs. In order for us to be open, efficient and transparent in the high quality of service that we offer, we have a few terms and conditions which you should know about. In addition to these, there are also our standard distance selling regulations at the bottom of the page which you should be aware of.
We accept payment in UK Sterling ONLY. If you are arranging payment in any other currency, you will need to clear this with us first. Any banking transfers made by international “moneymover” means should ensure that fees are paid by the sender. We will not dispatch goods where banking charges are outstanding.
Payment can be made online through our secure payment gateway (SagePay), either with a Paypal account, or directly by credit or debit card. You do not need a PayPal account to use the payment system.
You can pay by cheque after filling your cart and entering your address by mailing your cheque to:
Ruggles Equestrian Limited
Cheques / Postal orders should be made payable to Ruggles Equestrian Limited, and you should quote your Name and Address so we can match your online cart to the order.
We dispatch orders next working day after receipt of full payment. Our courier normally delivers on a 1-2 day basis, although we cannot guarantee this. If you are worried about the delivery of your order, please call us for the very latest delivery status.
Out of Stock Items
If, for some reason, we cannot satisfy your order, we will notify you by email or telephone immediately, and you will be refunded.
At Ruggles, we make every effort to ensure that our products meet high quality standards, and that your rug is the best it could be. In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with our product, we have a strict returns policy that we can follow to ensure your satisfaction.
If you feel you need to return an item,you should use the returns form attached to your packing list. This is included in your consignment. if you have misplaced this form, or did not receive it, please download it HERE.
Faulty or damaged items
If your rug is damaged in transit or a manufacturing fault is detected on inspection, you should call for an RMA number. In this instance, we will replace your item upon receipt of the damaged garment, and refund you the return carriage providing you send us a valid receipt for the postage. If the item is out of stock, we may suggest an alternative or simply give a full refund.
If your rug does not fit, and you need a different size, we will accept and replace your item for an alternative size providing that the garment is returned in the original packaging, is not soiled, and has its original labels attached, so that it is fit for resale. For this reason we advise you try the rug over a sheet on your horse first, before removing any labels. Your item must be returned within 14 days of purchase.
We will replace the rug with one of the correct size, and we will waive the carriage charge for this once. You are responsible for the return carriage charges. If we cannot send you the correct size for your horse, we will make a full refund minus carriage charges.
Under exceptional circumstances, we may accept returns outside of the above conditions. You should call us to discuss this if you are dissatisfied with our product. We have very detailed descriptions, and images to represent our products on this website. We also have a contact system whereby you can ask us questions before you buy. We will therefore not be liable for returns requested on the basis of dislike.
Distance Selling – Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that any equestrian products purchased are suitable for the use intended by the purchaser.
- The offer to purchase goods by the customer will not be accepted and form a contractual agreement unless an invoice has been sent to them by way of post or e-mail.
- The invoice and its attachments set out the terms upon which Ruggles Equestrian Limited agrees to accept an order. It is the responsibility of the customer to check and confirm that the details within the invoice correspond with their requirements. Any discrepancy should be notified to Ruggles Equestrian Ltd immediately.
- Payment must be made before goods are dispatched. Title to the goods remains with Ruggles Equestrian Limited until payment is received in full. Responsibility for the goods passes to the customer on the goods being delivered to the address requested by the customer at the time of purchase.
- In the event of Ruggles Equestrian Limited being unable to fulfill the order it will be entitled to cancel the order. The customer will be notified at the earliest opportunity. In all such cases, liability will be limited to refunding the customer for all payments received.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide full and sufficient information to enable the carrier to find an address to which to deliver the goods. The customer agrees to indemnify Ruggles Equestrian Limited against any costs incurred as a result of non-delivery due to inadequate or inaccurate information provided to us. Should the equestrian products be returned to us undelivered due to inadequate or inaccurate delivery information, Ruggles Equestrian Limited reserves the right to re-charge the customer for another delivery or withhold the delivery charge in the case of a refund.
- In any claim of non-delivery, confirmation of delivery from the carrier will be presumed to constitute conclusive proof of delivery.
- Ruggles Equestrian Limited shall not be considered liable in respect of any defect caused by fair wear and tear, willful damage or inappropriate use.
- In the event of any manufacturing defect of the equestrian product, it will be the responsibility of the customer to return them to Ruggles Equestrian Limited. In the case where the item has not been used (other than to try for fit) and a defect has been detected, Ruggles Equestrian Limited will send a replacement or in the case of no stock availability, issue a refund including the return carriage paid by the customer.
- Where the Distance Selling Regulations 2005 apply, the customer has the following rights:
- They may within seven days after the delivery cancel the order by way of letter, fax or e-mail. No cancellations by telephone can or will be accepted. Customers cancelling their order by means of letter should obtain and retain a certificate of posting available from a Post Office. Customers cancelling by fax should retain a copy of the transmission report. Customers who decide to take up their option to cancel the order should return the goods in an unused and undamaged condition – all labels should still be on the items and items should be in original packaging.
- In these circumstances, the cost of returning the items to Ruggles Equestrian Limited remains the responsibility of the customer. Any costs incurred by Ruggles Equestrian Limited in the customer refusing or neglecting to pay transport costs will be recovered from them.
- Customers are reminded that they have a legal duty of care whilst the goods are in their possession prior to return. Should they be returned in a used or damaged state, Ruggles Equestrian Limited reserve the right to take appropriate legal steps to recover costs.
- Any refunds made after the cancellation of an order will be made directly to the same account from which they made and by the same means. Refunds will be made within 10 days.
- These terms and conditions govern the entire contract between Ruggles Equestrian Limited and the customer. All other rights are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Should any of these terms and conditions be held to be unenforceable in whole or in part, then the remainder will remain valid.
- This contract is governed by the prevailing law in England and Wales